Want to remember this? Post this Ultimate Gut and Butt Challenge to your favorite Pinterest board! And don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest
-Mind Your Damn Fitness-
The belly and butt are trouble areas for many women. And while body shapers like Spanx can give the illusion of a toned and tightened physique, the effects are only temporary.
But what if I told you that you can start re-shape your body by building the right muscles in as little as 30 days? Well, you heard it here first!
As a Dr. of Physical Therapy, I know all-too-well the difficulty in designing an exercise program that actually gets results. For this Challenge, I’ve partnered with a experienced certified personal trainer from Femme Fitale Fit Club who designed the features to effectively chisel an itty bitty waist and build that bubble butt!
Gut and Butt Challenge Details
The below Gut and Butt Challenge Calendar provides a full overview of all of the Challenge exercises. As you can see, there are two exercises to be performed every day: one that primarily targets the abdominal muscles (the gut) and one that primarily targets the gluteal muscles (the butt). It should take you roughly 5-10 minutes to complete the daily exercises.
When we did this Challenge live (via Instagram) in January 2019, we posted video exercise demonstrations daily and tagged then using #GutAndButt. If you need to view the exercise demos, you can still view all of them on Instagram using #GutAndButt. Just don’t forget to follow me on Instagram while you’re there!
Alternatively, you can simply type the title of the exercise into YouTube to get access to videos of other fitness experts performing the exercises.
The Challenge workout plan was designed to include high repetitions to help burn fat while also building muscle endurance. You should note that the number of repetitions for the exercises is based on the assumption that you will not be using weights or resistance bands. BUT, that doesn’t mean that you can’t use them if you have access to them! Just make sure you take as many breaks as you need to get through all of the repetitions.
Tracking your progress
Tracking your progress is super important to keep your motivation strong. For this Challenge, it’s helpful to measure your glute-to-waist ratio. Make sure you grab your 30-Day Gut and Butt Challenge Worksheet below to track the daily exercises, your glute-to-waist ratio, and your overall progress!
Additional tips to be successful
- Exercise should be fun and exciting, so have fun with the Challenge!
- Join my private and FREE fitness accountability group to check-in daily with post-workout selfies! In addition to support from a welcoming community, you’ll receive fitness tips and updates on future Challenges!
- Don’t forget to take a side photo of yourself in a mirror to show your abs and glutes starting point
- Be patient and kind to yourself! Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither will a small waist or rounded glutes
- These exercises complement your current workout routine, not replace it. So keep up your current activities!
- It will definitely take more than 30 days to build a round bubble butt. So continue with the glute isolation exercises (with weights if you have them) after this Challenge is complete
Additional tips to tighten your tummy
Abs are made in the kitchen and muscles grow from consuming food, so be mindful of the foods that you are eating during the Challenge. It’s definitely best to avoid eating foods that will promote fat gain in your midsection and increase overall body fat. Read this post for more information on the best weight loss foods.
Also, try some of these additional helpful tips:
- Drink at least 64 oz (8 glasses) of water daily
- Reduce your daily consumption of refined sugar to no more than 20 grams a day (natural sugar like fruit is ok!)
- Eat about 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight a day (if you weight 100 lbs, that’s 100 grams of protein)
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night
Are you ready to get started? GREAT, let’s do this!